Endorsements, Attestation of Documents (such as Affidavit, Power of Attorney, Certificates etc;)
- In case of documents of Bangladesh origin, the documents should first be attested by the authorised officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka, before submitting to this Embassy. Documents originating in Lebanon have to be attested by the concerned authority (i.e. Consular Division of Foreign Ministry of Lebanon) before its submission to this mission for attestation. .
- For attestation of Power of Attorney/Affidavit (Holofnama)/Statutory Declaration or similar documents, the applicant will have to appear in this Mission in person along with his/her valid Bangladesh Passport. The applicant will have to sign the ‘Power of Attorney’ in presence of the authorised Consular Officer of this Embassy.
- Fee for this service will depend on the size of the document. For each set of document, fee for the first page is US$10.00 and each subsequent page is US$ 3.00
- A Photocopy of the document (which would have to be attested by the Mission) must be provided to the Mission as office copy.
- Two copies of recent photographs for both Principal and Attorney (passport size).
In case of passing away of any Bangladesh national in Lebanon, for sending deadbody to Bangladesh, the Embassy will issue a letter when the sponsor or employer or relative of the deceased submits following documents:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of death certificate from a doctor
- A Police report of death
Police Clearance Certificate
Please note that the Embassy does not issue Police Clearance Certificates for Bangladesh or Foreign nationals.
Bangladesh nationals may kindly send the following documents to the High Commission for attestation as these are required by the concerned authority in Bangladesh:
Application addressed to the concerned (in accordance with the permanent address of the applicant) Commissioner of Police / Superintendent of Police / Officer-in-Charge in Bangladesh, original Bangladesh Passport and photocopy of relevant pages (first seven pages and the page containing valid visa) of Bangladesh Passport.
Foreign nationals may submit the following documents to the Embassy:
- Application addressed to the Embassy.
- Photocopy of relevant pages of passport(s) held during stay in Bangladesh showing name, photograph, date and place of birth, date of issue and expiry, visa(s) and dates of entry and exit.
- Photocopy of relevant pages (bearing name, photograph, date and place of birth, date of issue and expiry) of the existing Passport.
- Photocopy of any other photo identity, if held during stay in Bangladesh.
- Photocopy of similar documents, mentioned above, or work permit of father or mother or legal guardian if the applicant lived in Bangladesh as a dependent child.